On June 27, 2019, more than one hundred experts on artificial intelligence from all over Slovakia gathered at the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava to support the establishment of Slovak Research Center for artificial intelligence – slovak.AI. The idea to establish such center was created thanks to a strong partnership between academic institutions, industry and state representatives, namely the Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava, the IT Association of Slovakia and the American Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic, with the support of Office of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic for Investments and Informatization.
After the presentation of the vision and main objectives of slovak.AI, a Memorandum of Cooperation and Support was signed between slovak.AI and 27 institutions and companies. By symbolic signing of the memorandum all parties joined the common goals and priorities. Our aim is to contribute to the development of artificial intelligence in the various sectors of the Slovak economy, to identify problems hampering this development and to offer competent institutions possible solutions, including the implementation of scientific research findings and their potential transfer to practice. Parties place great emphasis on strengthening education and talent development, and on upholding the principles of ethics and protecting the individual’s privacy in the field of artificial intelligence.
The basic prerequisite is to build cooperation between AI academic and business community and to build partnerships with other sectors of the economy in order to achieve a sustainable economic growth and better functioning of the country. The use of artificial intelligence must be based on proper definition of the needs of our country and our economy. By common cooperation we can develop the necessary solutions, improve the talent and to stop the brain drain faced in all areas of Slovak economy. 27 companies and institutions joined the Memorandum of Cooperation and Support of slovak.AI.
Companies and institutions
- DXC Technologyhttps://www.dxc.technology/
- IP Softhttps://www.ipsoft.com/
- Ľudovít Štúr language Institutehttps://www.juls.savba.sk/
- Lewik s.r.o.https://www.lewik.org/dataset/53/
- Luigi´s boxhttps://www.luigisbox.com/cs/
- Pixel Federationhttps://portal.pixelfederation.com/sk/
- Sféra a.s.https://www.sfera.sk/sk/
- Siemens Healthineershttps://www.siemens-healthineers.com/sk/
- Slovak University of Technology in Bratislavahttps://www.stuba.sk/
- Squire Patton Boggshttps://www.squirepattonboggs.com/en
- Synculario j.s.a. https://www.syncular.io/
- Talapoin s.r.o.https://talapoin.ai/
- Technical University of Košicehttps://www.tuke.sk/wps/portal
- Comenius University in Bratislavahttps://uniba.sk/
- Office of the Deputy Prime Minister of the Slovak Republic for Investments and Informatizationhttps://www.vicepremier.gov.sk/index.html
- Slovak Academy of Science Institute of Informaticshttp://www.ui.sav.sk/pp/budovaUISAV_sk.php
- Representation of the European Commission in Slovakiahttps://ec.europa.eu/slovakia/home_sk
- University of Žilinahttps://www.uniza.sk/index.php